Tom wrote:
     >this Iggy thing has me all worked up. I've been listening to "The
     >Idiot" and "Lust for Life" since Sunday night...

     One highlight from last night's V-Roys entertainment (pardon me but
     I'm not going to know titles) - one song launched with a rousing
     version of the rhythm line from Lust for Life, continued until tabels
     of people in the audience were singing it, and then hit the first
     verse of what turned out to be a very upbeat twangy pop tune and not
     Lust for Life at all, which then segued into a (unfortunately not very
     good) post-grunge Modern Southern Rock tune sung by the goateed
     guitarist... It was a confusing family-tree exercise linking Iggy,
     Buddy Holly, Black Oak Arkansas and Soundgarden, very clever.

     Otherwise - several nice ballads, lots of good rave-ups, some clever
     lyrics and between-song bits. ("I was going to call this next song
     Jesse's Girl, but it was taken, so I called it, Goodnight You Goddamn
     Fuckin' Loser.") A good ability to find wide variation within a strict
     genre, without sounding too samey through the whole set. A little odd
     how many of their songs are about the dilemma posed when some woman is
     a faithless liar, though. Are there really that many faithless lying
     ladies in Tennessee?

     Carl W.