>The difference these days
> is that when it comes to being broke these musicians are not alone. They
> have company: record industry executives.

While I have great sympathy for anybody who gets dumped
from a job they've come to consider their livelihood, that's
about the funniest thing I've read in quite a long time. I
don't know who'd get a bigger laugh out of it:  one friend
who got dumped from a label exec job and comfortably
took a whole year shopping for a new job or my guitarist
whose late '60s junker is pissing transmission fluid all over
the place.
Maybe it's all relative . . . or something.
Tom Smith