Tune in to your local NPR station, check http://www.whyy.org/freshair for
more info, or just wait for Phil Connor to post the transcript ;-)

I just started reading Lone Star Swing, which may have been mentioned here
earlier.  It's by a novelist (Duncan McLean) from Orkney (remote islands off
the coast of Scotland) who travels to Texas looking for western swing
musicians from the Bob Wills era.  Very funny and insightful, so far.  I'll
post a more complete review when I finish it.

I also just bought "This World is Not My Home", the new Lone Justice CD.
Someone posted earlier that this compilation gives a more complete picture
of them as a "cowpunk" band, and I couldn't agree more.  The demos and
punk-ish early stuff are a real eye opener for me, since I missed the band
completely when they were together, and have only had the recorded tracks to
go on.

Back to work...