TWANGFEST: WANNA PLAY?

If so, better get your asses moving. The deadline is
January 25th.

A clarification: If you sent us a submission for the Edges
cd, that doesn't necessarily mean that you submitted to
play Twangfest as well.  If you would like to play Twangfest,
you have to let us know directly.  Contact me offlist if you
have any questions.

> [...]

>>>Like last year, the Twang Gang will be selecting a headliner for each of the
>>>three nights (and we think the folks we've been talking to are gonna knock
>>>your socks off), but there's been a bit of a change this year in how we're
>>>going to pick the rest of the combos.  Because we wanted to tap into the
great
>>>wealth of knowledge out there in P2-land and because we want to spread out
the
>>>payola, this time around we've got a band submission subcommittee to make the
>>>tough decisions on who plays and who doesn't.  Chris Knaus, Jamie DePolo, and
>>>Bill Silvers have graciously accepted the task, along with Twang Gang members
>>>Amy Haugesag and Marie Arsenault.  They have no idea what they're getting
>>>into...  You may or may not be aware that not a one of these folks is in a
>>>band, and that's by design.  While we think that the lineups at T'fest for
the
>>>past two years have been excruciatingly excellent, we felt that a panel made
>>>up of non-players would help to keep the selection process fair as this event
>>>grows.
>>>
>>>What do we need from you?  It's pretty simple right now.  We need three
copies
>>>of a CD or tape, info on the band that you think will fill us in on who you
>>>are and what you're about, and contact info (*especially* your e-mail
>>>address--this is an internet-centered event, after all).  And while your band
>>>will be judged on its merits, your participation in this mailing list will
>>>definitely figure into the equation; like we said, this is first and foremost
>>>a celebration of all things P2.  Don't get us wrong, though; lurkers are not
>>>only welcome but are encouraged to submit.
>>>
>>>Send your packages to the following address:
>>>
>>>Marie Arsenault
>>>1306 Shelton Ave.
>>>Nashville, TN  37216
>>>
>>>Get those submissions in with a postmark of NO LATER THAN JANUARY 25, as
we've
>>>got a big job to do and we want to able to announce all the band names in
>>>plenty of time to include them in ads, press releases, etc.  We'll send out
>>>reminders of this deadline on a regular basis on P2 for those of you with
>>>substance-abuse-related short-term-memory loss.
>>>
>>>If you have questions about this process or any other thing about Twangfest,
>>>send 'em along to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we'll answer 'em or at least make you
>>>think that we have.  And in the very soonish future, we'll have the swanky
>>>Twangfest web site (www.twangfest.com, natch) updated frequently to keep you
>>>up to date on all our doin's.
>>>
>>>So what are you waiting for?  Whether you be coffeehouse f*lkies or roadhouse
>>>rockers, we want YOUR submissions.  Step on it!  January 25th will be here
>>>before you even blink!
>>>
>>>SIDE NOTE:  We haven't forgotten about the  new "Edges From The Postcard2"
CD,
>>>and we thank all of you who have sent us material so far.  We've run into a
>>>slight delay with the project, since there have been some changes in how the
>>>project will be handled, so we need to hold off just for a bit.  We'll keep
>>>you posted on what's going on, never fear.
>>>
>>>Love,
>>>
>>>Your Twang Gang (Marie Arsenault, Junior Barnard, Matt Benz, Amy Haugesag,
Kip