Neal Weiss wrote:

<<Jeez, I wouldn't wish that type of pressure on any band. Besides, I don't
think one can even find good enough odds to place a bet on such a thing.
Nirvana was a total freak of nature, a lot of talent and timing came into
play, but none of it, I don't believe was ever forecasted. It just happened.
Period. (With the aid of some big label marketing bucks, of course). >>

I agree with Neal...
of course, I do still own (somewhere) that free Nirvana shirt that Geffen sent
along as a "gift" with the new album upon its release.   Of course, I stopped
wearing it when they became "chic".  Now that Swervedriver shirt is another
story! <g>

(I believe the Nirvana sticker that came around that time is still stuck on
the door of the room I was living in at that time, at least someone told me
that the ol' "sticker door" was still around)

Paul/Pop Booking