After leaving Split Enz and before forming the rather ordinary Schnell
Fenster Phil Judd had a band called the Swingers which had a couple of
hits in Aus & NZ with _It Ain't What You Dance_ and the local classic
_Counting The Beat_ which I believe made #1 pop on both sides of the
Tasman.

Those into the earlier (more Judd influenced) Enz sound would likely
find the Swingers also to their taste.  At the very least _Counting
The Beat_ is well worth tracking down for a listen.

cheers,

- james matthews .... [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   "name me a song that everybody knows, i'll bet you it
                   belongs to acuff/rose"