To those of you from Knoxville and elsewhere who have written in the past
about how great a live band the V-Roys are, you have a new convert.  I love
both of their CDs but neither does justice to them as a live act.  I got a
chance to see them Friday night at a small club called IOTA in Arlington, VA
and they were amazing.  Highlights for me included a fantastic, extended
version of "Amy 88", and covers of the Replacements "IOU" and the La's
"There She Goes".  After a long week and an unbelievable 3 and 1/2 hour show
Thursday night by Steve Earle & the Del McCoury band at the Birchmere, I
didn't think it would be possible to get excited about much.  But the V-Roys
proved me wrong.  If you haven't seen them yet, make a point of it.

Peace,
   Slonedog