At 11:42 PM -0600  on 3/22/99, Christopher M Knaus wrote:

>My one regret (other than the miserable hangover) is I didnt get to as
>many new (to me) bands as I wanted to - as Alex mentioned "We might as
>well be in Chicago"

You didn't miss much, but the Peter Rowan/Tony Rice show Saturday night
was really fine. Marred only by the MC who came on right after the
encore to tell us that Hot Rize picker Charles Sawtelle was off life
support. But everything before that (including Danny Barnes' opening
set) was mighty good. Best part: No Deadheads, who swarm Rowan's Boston
shows.

One thing that surprises me was that NO ONE went to see Terry Allen,
who performs a *little* more often than Tom Waits. If I'd gone, that
would have been the only must-see show. But Steve will post tour plans,
I know...

Bob