Recieved this and thought I would pass it on to those of you who may be
interested in this information.

bfn,   Kat
_________________

Artists - Selling your albums through CD Now !!!! I recently wrote to CD
Now to ask how an indie artist can sell their music through the CD Now
service. The prompt reply is as follows:

Dear ______,

Thank you for contacting CDnow.

We work predominantly with Valley, a major one-stop, which provides us
with our selection. It has been difficult to stock independent music at
Valley because of limited shelf space. But with help from The Orchard, a
new on-line distributor/warehouse, you can get your releases into
Valley's database (and thus into CDnow) and have them sold for as low as
$10.00. All you need to do is visit The Orchard at
http://www.theorchard.com and go through their sign up procedures. Their
goal is to allow EVERY band and label access to Web distribution. Once
you are carried by The Orchard you will be in the CDnow store. Go ahead,
check it out! If you have any questions contact them at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or call 212-941-1979.

Yours truly,
Al
Customer Service