[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Now all of this is my experience in the United States. I really like touring
> overseas.
> Nice big van or bus provided by booker, good guarantee on money, dinner at the
> club each night, most of the gear provided. One could easily get spoiled.

Truly, it is amazing how much better the European promoters treat the
acts (on the whole) than you get here. Food, rooms, standard. Decent
guarantees, great royalties from live performance (gasp!). We toured
Europe for years and had great times.

I hasten to add that the good guys here do go out of their way to
provide whatever they can, but the norm in Europe is better to start
with, so it is a pleasant suprise to Americans who go there. Plus, there
is the added compensation of being in Paris as opposed to Somewhere With
A Denny's.

--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records