What a gorgeous album.  Devoid of the little concessions to HNC that
marred her otherwise-excellent debut album, I've Got A Right To Cry evokes
the glory days of Patsy Cline and the Nashville Sound, while also
occasionally delving into the more hardcore honky tonk sounds of a decade
earlier.  Backed up by a host of great pickers (including former A-Teamers
from the golden years like Pete Wade, Buddy Emmons!, Pig Robbins, Hal Rugg
and Buddy Harman) and featuring the last production work of the late Owen
Bradley, this classy album of soulful torch songs, snappy country-pop,
heart-rending honky tonk ballads and spirited hillbilly romps could be the
best damn thing I've heard all year.  It's not due out for another coupla
weeks (April 13th on Sire Records), but I suspect a number of P2ers are
gonna be slobberin' all over it (and no doubt arguin' over the merits of
Owen and Harold's proudly retro country-pop production).--don