I was fortunate enough to be filling in as the vocalist for Blues
Hangover (featuring Deborah Coleman -- she's hot!) at the Carolina Blues Festival
in Greensboro last summer, and we followed Corey Harris and his band
-- they were awesome! Still, I gotta say that I like hime solo best
... definitely different from the run-of-the-mill blooze! Caribbean
rhythms, a unique feel, great playing, great voice ... they are based
out of Charlottesville, VA, I believe!

Rob

> Date:          Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:05:22 -0800 (PST)
> From:          Don Yates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:       Corey Harris (was Re: Music Makers Relief Blues Artists
> To:            passenger side <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, William T. Cocke wrote:
>
> > Now I'm fired up for the Corey Harris CD release show here
> > this Friday. They've been playing cuts off his new album
> > all week on the radio and it sounds like a winner.
>
> It sure is.  He really branches out on this one, but still remain deeply
> rooted in the delta blues.  Some songs incorporate reggae and mambo
> rhythms, bits of jazz and funk and gospel, and there's also some primal,
> hardcore delta stuff like "Sweet Black Angel."  If you're lucky he'll be
> playin' with his band.  I saw 'em in New Orleans last month, and I was
> entranced.--don

Robert A. Russell
Director, Writing and Communication Center
East Tennessee State University
Box 70602
Johnson City, TN  37614
Phone:  (423) 439-8438
Fax: (423) 439-8666
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.etsu.edu/wcc

"Objective evidence and certitude are doubtless very fine ideals to play with
but where on this moonlit and dream-visited planet are they found?"

-- William James, 1842-1910, "The Will to Believe"