I found this in yesterday's Detroit News, I thought you all would be amused.

MUSICIAN SUES MUSIC STORE, COMPANY FOR HEARING LOSS

by Wendy Case, News Staff Writer

        In a story that could be compared to the McDonald's "Too Hot Coffee" lawsuit,
papers were filed Monday jointly in 19th District Court and at Federal Circuit
Court by a musician claiming that the equipment he purchased nearly a year ago
has caused him to lose nearly 50 percent of his hearing capabilities.
        Mark Greenberg, 31 of Dearborn Heights, claims that he was persuaded by a
salesperson at Wonderland Music in Dearborn to purchase an electric guitar
amplifier for performing with his band and was not warned that the device
would cause temporary loss of hearing, eventually leading to permanent hearing
loss, if used at a high volume.
        "I bought the amp to use to play at bars and shows with my band around
town,"stated Greenberg. "The salesman convinced me to buy the Marshall amp,
which I could hardly afford, and told me that most musicians that are playing
my style of music are using that amp.  He allowed me to try it out at the
store, but it was at a low volume there."
        Upon performing with his band, a local heavy-metal outfit known as The Rekk,
Greenberg turned up the amplifier to get the desired sounds.  However, after
several months of use, he noticed problems hearing normal conversations.
After an examination by a physician, Greenberg was told that he had a definite
loss of hearing in both ears.
        Greenberg's legal counsel, local attorney and former gubernatorial candidate
Geoffrey Feiger, claim that both the music store and the amplifier
manufacturer are at fault in this incident. "Believe me, I have musicians in
my family, and it is sad when they have trouble listening to you," exclaimed
Feiger.  His brother Doug Feiger is a member of the rock band The Knack.
        A spokesperson for Wonderland Music claimed that all musicians purchasing
such equipment should have general knowledge that there is potential damage to
the eardrum if not protected and under continued exposure.  He went on to say
that most musicians purchasing such equipment are specifically looking for a
product that can be used at higher volumes.
        The product in question, a Marshall model 1959 amplifier, is similar to ones
used by rock musicians Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Guns N Roses.  The
amplifiers are made in England and distributed in the United States by Korg
USA of Melville, New York.  A representative from Korg could not be reached by
presstime.
        "Kids are constantly warned about the dangers of unprotected sex and the use
of drugs.  We are constantly making cigarette manufactureres warn about the
health hazards.  This should be the first step to warning them about the
dangers of loud music," concluded Feiger.