hey kids;
      So, I'm just getting around to reading my months-old copy of the Oxford
American music issue, and inside it is a just incredible essay about the
electrocution and very near-death of a young musician.  It's written by the
guy's brother, and what's so fascinating about this is not only how close the
guy comes to playing the great gig in the sky, but all the phrases and
thoughts that come out of his mouth as he emerges from his coma and his brain
literally begins to unscramble itself.
       So, having been to a lot of shows but never having been a musician (or
an electrician <g>), what do you folks do-other than the basics (grounding
circuits, using clean cords etc.)-to know that you're kosher when it comes to
plugging in or touching a mic?  It was apparently some sort of ungrounded mic
that zapped the kid in the OA piece.   I mean I've been to a couple of shows
where I remember mics making all sorts of bizarre noises and pops, and the
look on some of the musicians' faces was certainly less than...comforting.

210, 220, whatever it takes,

Dan