Hey there,

Is there such a thing as too much publicity? Perhaps.

The Hideout was PACKED when I got that at the amazingly unhip hour of
8:45pm. Wow. The doors to the back room opened shortly thereafter and a
Who concert like rush for good standing room began. If you think I'm UHI,
you should've checked out this crowd.

The opening band, Lone Star State played some OK covers and originals but
as the cool Dave from Chicago put it, "I bet they play Happy Birthday
alot at their other gigs."

Then the singing calendar began - some highlights...
Anastasia Davies doing a non-bombastic version of I Will Always Love You
The Texas Rubies mini reunion doing Jimmy Martin, with beehive hair
(well, almost)
The alt.jones and alt.wynette of Jon Langford and Kelly Hogan
Robbie and someone else with the last name of Fulks (wife? sister?)
singing a ribald Jumping Bill Carlisle song.
Say Zuzu playing a few of their own (and they'll be at NEA, how 'bout
that)
Moonshine Willy pointing out that they were singing a number of different
Wand Jackson songs in a 'medly' (OK it was funny at the time - same
bassline, same chords, a random smattering of chorus')

A giant King of the Road sing along (fortunately we had words printed up
- Linda must of tipped them off)

Kickass job Kelly K.

Oh, and who was the annoying MC who called both The Louvins and Wanda
Jackson 'strange'?

Later...
CK
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]