February 15:
Rob Ickes @ the Freight and Salvage

I'd imagine this is in connection with his new album, Slide City, which is some very nice stuff, mostly jazz, and not a trace of bluegrass. I wonder who's going to give it airplay.

It is in support of the new CD "Slide City" and I share your concerns about airplay. Perhaps Rounder can attempt to market this along the same lines as David Grisman's "Hot Dawg" release of many years ago which made a respectable showing on the jazz charts. I'd rather have it end up getting played on one of the "Quiet Storm" (or instrumental jazz) stations than not getting played at all. It's a shame if nothing does happen, because I really like this CD.

Other dates for Rob's Western tour include the following:

2/12- The Palms, Davis,CA (530)756-1098
2/13- The Fallon Theatre, Columbia, CA (209)586-2374
2/14- Cafe "T", San Jose, CA (408)292-7940
2/15- The Freight and Salvage, Berkeley, CA
2/17- Henflings, Felton, CA (Santa Cruz area), (831)335-4500
2/18- TBA, Arcata, CA
2/19- TBA, Eugene, OR
2/20-McMenamins St Johns Pub, Portland, OR,(503)289-7798

The other musicians on this tour will be Joe Craven on mandolin and percussion; Derek Jones on bass; and Kendrich Freeman on drums.

-B "pushin' that product" B-
Brad's Page of Steel:
http://www.well.com/user/wellvis/steel.html
A web site devoted to acoustic and electric lap steel guitars