In a message dated 4/1/99 2:31:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
 NP: The King, "Gravelands"
 (Actually, an Elvis impersonator doing AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" works
 better than you might think)

I saw him at SXSW.  Got the set list autographed and my picture taken with
him.  Bap Kennedy produced this album so I had a tape last fall.  I was
listening to it driving my annual trek from Georgia to Illinois for
Thanksgiving.  I decided to cut through Alabama -- straight down 65 from
Nashville since construction between N'ville and Chattanooga was horrendous.
Right after rolling across the Alabama state line, The King belts out "Sweet
Home Alabama."  I had to pull off the interstate until I could control my
hysterics.  It's a great rendition -- it was just one of those moments of the
absurd that sometime overcome.

Deb