Honky Tonk Living Room tonight!

With the delectable singing of Ms. Kelly Hogan with a cast of characters backing her up (last I heard, it was Tom "Bottle Rockets" Ray, John "Pine Valley Cosmonauts" Rice, and Jon "All-Around Reprobate" Langford, but I'll believe it when I see it).

Starting things off with a twist will be Anndrena Belcher, songwriter, storyteller, and dress-up artist.  Up from the hills of Virginia, Ms. Belcher's work is shaped by her childhood experience of living in Chicago's Uptown (read: rough) as the daughter of Appalachian emigres. (My stepdad's got the exact same background, and he got beat up every day for being a hillbilly; it'll be interesting to hear another account.)

April's big for the Honky Tonk Living Room - we've got Chris Mills & Red Meat next week (April 8th), Deanna Varagona & Mike Ireland and Dan Mesh on April 15th.  All this at the best little club in Chicago - the Hideout, 1354 W. Wabansia.

And like that wasn't enough, then the Living Room heads downtown on April 29th for a night at the Cultural Center with Cole Rain, the Texas Rubies, and more soundies from Heather McAdams' collection. This one's free! (the nice price).

Come on out and romp & stomp with us some night-

Kelly