READ THIS, PRINT THIS OUT

Hi there everyone, these are the Blatant Plugs from Memphis, Tennessee. No
extra charge for type-ohs!

You must be pretty darn musically hip to be on this list, or a friend of
someone who is to put you on the list. If you do not wish to receive further
notices, please just let me know. If you want to add a friend to the list,
let me know ... thanks!

APRIL 7 THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT is the NEXT SONGWRITER NIGHT at the SOUTH END.
Besides Nancy of course, is BRUCE BILES aka KIDD BLUE, DELTA JOE SANDERS, and
HAL HAWKINS! Show starts at around 9:30 or whenever you get there..... Tell
everyone you know. Last gig at the South End was a terrible turnout.......
What am I going to have to do to get you to show up? Wear thet blue dresss
from the Premier Player Awards?  The batteries are still charging back up!
(oh, and you thought that was just my big ass back there huh?)

at Huey's Downtown (of course the crowds are always better in midtown)
Talkin' about DIANE PRICE and her Boyfriends
Yes, though Hueys has thrown out their Sunday Jazz Policy after nearly 20
years, you can still hear a couple of members of the Midtown Jazzmobile
backing up the Empress of Memphis Barrelhouse Piano at Hueys Downtown on the
following Sunday afternoons from 4 - 7 : April  11th April 25th You can
expect to hear plenty of sultry blusey numbers from her new cd release, A
Good Man is Hard to Find which of course will be shamelessly hawked from the
tiny bandstand in the window.

APRIL 20 is the next songwriter night ar JUSTINS! Featuring Justice Natchez,
Klaudia Ploderer, and Roy Brewer. Show time is at 7:30 assuming someone does
not get lost on the way to the gig!!!

"This is a public service announcement - with guitar!'' Joe Strummer

I understand Mose Allison will be making the scene at Hi-Tone April 8.

The Peabody rooftops open TAX DAY!!!!! April 15 with Kevin Paige.

The Mid-town Rhythm & Blues party to benefit Porter Leath Children's
Charities is being held at Askew Nixon Ferguson Architects (outdoors,
indoors, & the courtyard), 1500 Union Ave. on APRIL 24.  Kevin Paige hits the
stage at 8:30 to get the crowd pumped up and going early, while Southern
Lights & The Memphis Sound keep it going late with the widest mix of music in
the mid-south.

COMING UP MAY 7, 8, & 9
Beale Street Music Festival
I think the line up is on their site www.memphisinmay.org
It is pretty cool
Reba Russell Band
KoKo Taylor
Wilson Picket
Dr. John
Clarece Carter
Booker T
Sheryl Crow
Bobby Blue Bland
Marcia Ball
James Cotton
Billy Lee Riley (about the only real rockabilly there that I have seen so far)
The Bar-Kays
Los Lobos
R.L. Burnside

GUESS WHAT YA'LL!!!!!!
The band got invited by the Twang Gang to play at TwangFest 3 in St. Louis!!!!
Coming up JUNE 10, 11, & 12 at Off Broadway in St. Louis!!!!! Yea Hawwww
Here is the Thursday Night Line Up When We Play on JUNE 10
12am: V-Roys (Knoxville, TN - headliner)
11pm: Jim Roll (Ann Arbor, MI)
10pm: Deliberate Strangers (Pittsburgh, PA)
9pm: Cadillac Cowgirl (aka Nancy Apple) (Memphis, TN)
8pm: Elena Skye and the Demolition String Band (Hoboken, NJ)

FRIDAY JUNE 11

The Damnations TX (Austin, TX - headliner)
Jim Stringer and the Austin Music Band (Austin, TX)
Hayseed (Nashville, TN)
Gypsy Mechanics (Nashua, NH)
Old Rip (Chicago, IL)

SATURDAY JUNE 12

Dale Watson and His Lone Stars (Austin, TX - headliner)
Ex-Husbands (Nashville, TN)
Buck Diaz (Philadelphia, PA)
Heartbreak Hill (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Polish Hillbillies (Pittsburgh, PA)

We think you'll agree with us that this is one achingly cool lineup.  For all
the latest developments, be sure to check out the Twangfest web site.

Ok, that's it. Hope to see you at a gig soon. If you are a band that wants to
be mentioned in future notices, e-mail me baby!

Love,
Nancy

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE FOR THE MEMPHIS MUSICIANS TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING,
PLEASE PAY THE COVER WITHOUT TOO MUCH BITCHING!
Thanks
(and guest list weezles, we don't mind letting you in for free, but please
refrain from talking throughout the entire show!)

HANG IT ON YOUR FRIDGE.... THERE IS NEW STUFF IN HERE. WE KNOW WHEN YOU
DELETE, BECAUSE YOU DON'T SHOW UP AT THE GIGS!!!!!