Check this out.  We were digging through some shit here at the office
and someone found two CDs.  One is something lame, but the other is the
Ace Ventura soundtrack.  Don't laugh!  It's actually kinda neat.  No, it
isn't worth plunking $15 down on, but it *is* worth a listen. Why?  Well
let me tell you.  Why am I talking like this?  I don't know!

The Reverend Horton Heat does a version of Guadalcanal Diary's "Watusi
Rodeo."  Holy moly!  It's great!

Also, Blues Traveler does a version of "Secret Agent Man."  Sure they
suck, but that's one of my favorite songs and even they couldn't ruin
it.  The song prevails!  (note: the best version of the song EVER done
was by the Plugz on the Repo Man soundtrack. "El Hombre Secreto" I think
was the name of it.  All sung in Spanish)  (also note: the song is 2:16
long...the shortest blues traveler song ever???)

There's also a reggae version of "Spirits in the Material World" by Pato
Banton.  Lame.  If it were *ME* I would update the song a little by
singing it to the theme of Madonna's "Material Girl."  THEN and only
then would the soundtrack be worth buying at full price!

One more thing.  The Goo Goo Dolls do a cover of the only good INXS song
ever...."Don't Change."  I like it a lot.  This is from when the Goo Goo
Dolls were doing the cool Replacements thing and not the thirtysomething
acoustic open tuned power ballads on VH-1.

Welp, back to work.
Steve
Steve Gardner * Sugar Hill Records Radio Promotion
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.sugarhillrecords.com
WXDU "Topsoil" * A Century of Country Music
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.topsoil.net