Don't know if it's been mentioned here or not but Razor & Tie is releasing
3 separate CD's (this week, I think) of swing and country music all
recorded in California from the 40's through the 60's, called Swing West.
Vol 1 is Bakersfield, Vol 2 is Guitar Slingers and Vol 3 is Western Swing.
Some rare stuff, some very familiar stuff, nicely packaged and 20 tracks
per disc. I'd be cautious about these only if you've got other similiar
type compilations, where there might be some song overlap. But if you need
to find out more about this music or are looking for a swinging good time
I'd say check 'em. Note: They make it a point to note that there are no
Buck or Merle on any of these discs, but I'd recommend them anyway. <g>

Jim, smilin'