>Lord yes, the original band (the first two albums) was incredible.
>"First I Look at the Purse," "Milk and Alcohol," etc....  Before they
>degenerated into goofiness, they were briefly one of the very best
>bands around.  Yes, Viriginia, there was a time when Peter Wolf had
>hipster cred <g>....
>
>--junior

I agree, the early material was fantastic...as a greater Bostonian (the
'burb she is growing), I of course have a fondness for the boys...  BTW,
has anyone heard/picked up Peter Wolf's latest "Fool's Parade"?  It's his
best solo album by far!  "Long way back again" and "Anything at all" are
really pretty numbers.  It's good to hear him back in form.  Duke Levine
plays guitar on the whole disc which is a special treat.  I went with
Stacey and Al to see Wooden Leg play at the Lizard last winter and Duke sat
in for the night...Jimmy and the rest of the band are amazing enough and
adding Duke to the mix just pushed the talent pool through the roof...

But I digress, Mr. Wolf's mellowed a bit, a little of that fire of
yesteryear is gone, but he's still got the voice and the heart...  He still
seems the true believer!

morgan