Lurker Nina writes:

>   I'm a like-minded New Yorker who lurks in Digest mode
>(thus the late reply).  I have sometimes had to descend
>to treating my friends to twang-type shows just to have
>someone to go hear live music with; usually I give up and
>go alone.  Since I live in the Bronx and have to get
>myself back up there on public transportation after the
>show, this position has its drawbacks.  But sad as it is,
>has its moments; I will always treasure the memory of the
>looks of pure horror on the faces of a group of friends
>when I asked if anyone wanted to go hear Ricky Skaggs.
>   Anyway, can I join the gang for Kelly Willis, too?  I
>would love to meet some people who don't always ask
>"who?" when I mention the music I listen to.

Well, NYC folks, it's starting to sound like we might just have a quorum
for the Saturday night Kelly Willis show. Should we plan a pre-show drink
in the Mercury Lounge bar? I'll be husband-less that evening, I think, and
I'd love to have the company of some like-minded female New Yorkers as well
as the always-reliable male P2 contingent.

--Amy