At 10:04 AM 4/15/99 EDT, kip asked:
>hi all...
>
>anyone have a copy (or know where i can find one) of the song "On The
>Evening Train", written by hank and audrey williams?
>
>one version is on a larry perkins CD "A Touch Of The Past", sung by
>gary williamsom w/ tony williamsom on mando. cant find this album...

I've got this cd and it seems to still be inprint.  It is a good album with
an all star lineup including a nice version of the Carter Family's "The
Storms Are On The Ocean" with Alison Kraus and Bobby Osbourne.  I think I
ordered it from County Records so you might want to try there.

Also, I think the original version of this song is on the new Hank box set
or on one of the "rarity" cds released in the past so you might want to
check that.

>another is a ray davis 'basement tape' recording sung by dan paisley
>(best voice in bluegrass today...) and james king on tenor(?). anyone
>have a tape of this version?

I'd like to hear that one too.

>todd? jon? deb? anyone?

Shannon