Howdy,

I should be on my way to the post office to send my annual valentine to
the Secretary of the Treasury, but first...

Here's last Saturday's playlist for Tennessee Saturday Night. All in
all, an enjoyable evening was spent trying to pick out just the right
music. I think it went well.

A programming note: TSN will not air on April 17, instead WDVX will be
airing live coverage of the Bluegrass Breakdown and Dogwood Jam in
downtown Knoxville. Y'all come on down and enjoy 13 hours of free live
music, wontcha? Ramblers Choice and Chris Jones will be there, as will
National Finger Pick Champion (and local boy) Bill Mize.

The Fringe may air in a much abbreviated format that night, depending
on when the whole shooting match ends out on Market Square.

In the meantime, I'm still happy to receive your discs, comments, etc.
Contact information follows the playlist.

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #28 -- 6 PM to 9 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- April 10, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley w/The Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Root Beer -- George Jones -- She Thinks I Still Care -- Razor & Tie
Drinkin' My Wife Away -- David Allan Coe -- Recommended for Airplay --
Lucky Dog
Root of All Evil -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- CMF

Burma Shave -- Roger Miller -- King of the Road -- Bear Family
If You've Got the Money, I've Got the Time -- Lefty Frizzell -- Look
What Thoughts Will Do -- Columbia
Red Clay Halo -- Nashville Bluegrass Band -- American Beauty -- Sugar
Hill (4/13@Lee College)

Why Should We Try Anymore -- Hank Williams -- 40 Greatest Hits --
Mercury
Oklahoma Hills -- Jimmy LaFave -- Trail -- Bohemia Beat
Homecoming -- Tom T. Hall -- The Essential Tom T. Hall: The Story Songs
-- Mercury

Ribbon of Darkness -- Marty Robbins -- A Lifetime of Song -- Columbia
Roly Poly -- The Cluster Pluckers -- Just Pluck It -- CPR
Rock in My Shoe -- Tim O'Brien -- Rock in My Shoe -- Sugar Hill
Things Aren't Funny Anymore -- Merle Haggard -- The Capitol Collectors
Series -- Capitol (4/14@Tennessee Theater)

Saturday Night Boogie -- Al Dexter & His Troopers -- Hillbilly Boogie
-- Columbia
Any Old Time -- Alison Krauss & Union Station -- The Songs of Jimmie
Rodgers -- Egyptian
Tippin In -- Hillbilly Jazz -- Hillbilly Jazz -- Flying Fish

Joshua -- Dolly Parton -- The Essential Dolly Parton, Vol. 2 -- RCA
Tears'll Be Pouring -- The Countrypolitans -- Tired of Drowning --
Ultrapolitan
Huggin' and Kissin' -- Cadillac Cowgirl with Her Back Door Men -- High
on the Hog -- Sur
Talk Like That -- Kelly Willis -- What I Deserve -- Rykodisc
(4/14@Tennessee Theater)

Bad Braham Bull -- Rex Allen -- The Last of the Great Singing Cowboys
-- Bloodshot Revival/Soundies
Squeeze Box Polka -- Louise Massey & the Westerners -- Hillbilly Boogie
-- Columbia
Not What I Had In Mind -- George Jones -- She Thinks I Still Care --
Razor & Tie

Hot Rod Race 2 -- Jim & Jesse -- Y'all Come -- Epic
Yonder Comes a Freight Train -- Jim & Jesse -- Y'all Come -- Epic
Truck Stops and Pretty Girls -- One Riot One Ranger -- Sidetracks --
Hayden's Ferry

(NASCAR in East Tennessee...)
The Ballad of Thunder Road -- R.B. Morris -- Take That Ride -- Oh Boy
Hot Rod Mercury -- Don Walser -- Down at the Sky-Vue Drive-In --
Watermelon
Pontiac -- Fred Eaglesmith -- Lipstick, Lies and Gasoline -- Razor &
Tie
Hot Rod Is Her Name -- Tom Tall -- That'll Flat Git It -- Bear Family

West Fork Gals -- John Hartford -- Wild Hog in the Red Brush -- Rounder
Blues on My Mind -- Del McCoury -- Don't Stop the Music -- Rounder
Cluck Old Hen -- Evan Carawan -- Homeward Bound -- Turquoise
(4/16@Arrowmont)

Tennessee Stud -- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band -- Will the Circle Be
Unbroken -- EMI
North to Alaska -- Johnny Horton -- America Remembers Johnny Horton --
TeeVee
Blue Moon of Kentucky -- Elvis Presley -- Classic Country Music: A
Smithsonian Collection, Vol. 2 -- RCA
Kinfolks in Carolina -- Merle Travis -- The Best of Merle Travis --
Rhino

Two More Bottles of Wine -- Emmylou Harris -- Profile/The Best of
Emmylou Harris -- Warner Brothers
A Satisfied Mind -- Porter Wagoner -- Nashville Classics: The 50s --
RCA
Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong -- Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver -- The News
Is Out -- Sugar Hill (4/16@Morristown West H.S.)

I Get Up Early in the Morning -- Roger Miller -- King of the Road --
Bear Family
Sweet Jenny Lee -- Hot Club of Cowtown -- Swingin' Stampede -- Hightone
The Ballad of Davy Crockett -- Doug Sahm -- S.D.Q. 98 -- Watermelon

Hang On Sally -- Johnny Paycheck -- The Real Mr. Heartache -- CMF
There Goes My Love -- BR5-49 -- Big Backyard Beat Show -- Arista
Back in the Swing of Things -- Vern Gosdin -- The Voice -- BTM
Sweet Country Lovin' -- Ramblers Choice -- Sounds of the Mountain --
Rounder (4/17@WDVX Free Concert)

The Bargain Store -- Dolly Parton -- The Essential Dolly Parton, Vol. 2
-- RCA
I'm Lookin' For My Mind -- Merle Haggard -- Down Every Road -- Capitol
Waitin' in Your Welfare Line -- Buck Owens -- The Very Best of Buck
Owens, Vol. 1 -- Rhino

Mr. Lonesome -- Heather Myles -- Highways and Honky Tonks -- Rounder
She Thinks I Still Care -- George Jones -- She Thinks I Still Care --
Razor & Tie
Twice the Lovin' -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- CMF
Dark Wind of Missouri -- Chris Jones -- Blinded by the Rose -- Strictly
Country (4/17@WDVX Free Concert)

Your Husband, My Wife -- Bobby Bare w/Skeeter Davis -- The Essential
Bobby Bare -- RCA

And that just about does it, don't it?

If you want to get in touch with me, I can be reached by snail mail at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

Of course, by e-mail I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===
WDVX-FM -- www.wdvx.com
Tennessee Saturday Night -- Saturdays, 6 to 9 PM
The Fringe -- Saturdays, 9 to Midnight