The Boudin Barndance - 4/15/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

A bunch of live show previews this evening including Geoff Muldaur at the
Common Fence, Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison at Johnny D's, and Bare Jr. at
the Met Cafe for which weez did a ticket giveaway.  The Bourbonaires' (who
were in-studio guests last week and play Providence Friday night) new wax
showed up and it's a beauty from the cover art to the label to of course the
two tunes.  Other new things gettin' first-time Boudin Barndance spins this
evening were releases from Alejandro Escovedo, Chris Smither, Clarence
"Gatemouth" Brown, Wilco, and reissues including Johnny Cash, Lawrence
"Black" Ardoin, and the new Norton thing of Big Star stuff.  Butt-shaker of
the night????   A no-brainer, Hebert Fontenot & the Super Country Cajuns with
"A Coon-ass from Ville Platte."  Now, onto zee goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

Stanley Bros - Let Me Walk By Your Side / Angel Band (Mercury)
Terry Allen - Salivation / Salivation (Sugar Hill)
Porter Wagoner - I'll Meet You In Church / Bluegrass Story (RCA)
Hank Williams - Six More Miles / Original Singles Collection (Polydor)
Hot Club of Cowtown - End of the Line / Swingin Stampede (HighTone)
Andy Schroder & Western Band - Prairie Dog Ramble / Diggin'  Texas Swing
(Krazy Kat)

Geoff Muldaur - Someday Baby / The Secret Handshake (HighTone)
Geoff Muldaur - This World Is Not My Home / The Secret Handshake (HighTone)
Geoff Muldaur - Alberta / The Secret Handshake (HighTone)
Geoff Muldaur - I Can't See Your Face / The Secret Handshake (HighTone)

Vince Bell - Have Not, Will Travel / Texas Plates (Paladin)
Lucy Kaplansky - One Good Reason / Ten Year Night (Red House)
Chris Smither - Steel Guitar / Drive You Home Again (HighTone)
Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold / Blackjack
(Sugar Hill)
Johnny Cash - Girl From the Canyon / Johnny 99 (KOCH)
Alejandro Escovedo - California Blues / Bourbonitis Blues (Bloodshot)

Kelly Willis - Take Me Down / What I Deserve (Rykodisc)
Kelly Willis - What I Deserve / What I Deserve (Rykodisc)
Bruce Robison - When I Loved You / Wrapped (Lucky Dog)
Kelly Willis - Heavens Just a Sin Away / (MCA)
Kelly Willis - Little Honey / Thelma & Louise Soundtrack (MCA)

Bobby Bare - Daddy What If / Essential (RCA)
Bare Jr. - Boo-Tay / Boo-Tay (Immortal)
Bare Jr. - Nothin' Better to Do / Boo-Tay (Immortal)
Bare Jr. - Tobacco Spit / Boo-Tay (Immortal)
Bare Jr. - Patty McBride / Boo-Tay (Immortal)

Eric Ambel - Three Feet Under / Loud & Lonesome (ESD)
Pete Krebs - Johnny Come Lately / Sweet Ona Rose (Cavity Search)
Wilco - Nothing'sever...... / Summerteeth (Reprise)
Volebeats - Rubber Soul / Up North (Safe House)
Old Joe Clarks - Rising Fences / Metal Shed Blues (#Past)
Big Star - Don't Lie to Me / Nobody Can Dance (Norton)

Hebert Fontenot, et al - Coonass from Ville Platte / 7" (Jador)
Boozoo Chavis - Ay Cayenne / Who Stole My Monkey? (Rounder)
Lawrence "Black" Ardoin - Haunted House / Traditional Creole (Arhoolie)
Kershaw Bros - It's Too Late / Cajun Country Rockers (Bear Family)
Janis Martin - Bang Bang / Western Dance Vol. 2
The Bourbonaires - That Tease / 7" (Howlin')

Biller & Wakefield - Siamese Strings / The Flaming Guitars of (HMG)
Hardrock Gunter - After Hours Guitar / Country Guitar (Nashville)
Wynona Carr - How Many Times / Jump Jack Jump (Specialty)
Andre Williams - Please Pass the Biscuits Please / Mr Rhythm (Eagle)
Sadies - Seventy-six / Precious Moments (Bloodshot)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.P. - Sir Douglas Quintet