Howdy,

I posted the Dollywood Concert Calendar earlier this year, but it looks
like there's a new competitor in the mountains this year also aiming at
the same demographic.

Governor's Palace Theater is based in Sevierville, and is one of the
many music theaters in the area determined to transform the Smokies
into Branson East. (Lee Greenwood and Louise Mandrell are most notable
at this time for their theaters, and Alan Jackson and Alabama have
opened namesake restaurants here.)

Nonetheless, I received their concert calendar for this season and saw
some names of interest. In that spirit, here's the info. Gospel fans
will note that the Rev. J. Bazell Mull now hosts singing conventions in
Knoxville and Sevierville. Ain't that right, Miss Mull?

Mull Singing Convention -- May 1
The Lettermen -- May 7
Mull Singing Convention -- June 5
John Berry -- June 11
Martina McBride -- June 19
Oak Ridge Boys -- June 26
Billy Ray Cyrus -- July 2
Charley Pride -- July 9
Mull Singing Convention -- July 10
Debbie Reynolds -- July 24
Diamond Rio -- July 31
Deana Carter -- August 6
Mull Singing Convention -- August 14
Ray Price -- August 27
George Jones -- September 4 (This, I assume, is tentative...)
Boots Randolph and the Mills Bros. -- September 24
Jim Nabors -- October 1
Oak Ridge Boys -- October 8
Patsy Cline Tribute Show -- October 15
Mull Singing Convention -- October 16
Jerry Reed -- October 23
Glenn Miller Orchestra -- October 30
Mull Singing Convention -- November 25

Unlike the Dollywood shows, ticket prices vary from artist to artist.
All shows start at 7:30 pm.

Holler at me, if anyone needs more info.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NP: The Flatirons, Prayerbones
===
WDVX-FM -- www.wdvx.com
Tennessee Saturday Night -- Saturdays, 6 to 9 PM
The Fringe -- Saturdays, 9 to Midnight