At 05:57 PM 4/17/99 -0500, you wrote:

> they played a new song
>or two and some great covers (Twitty, Charlie Rich's wife whose first
>name I cant remember,

That'd be margaret ann rich, who wrote quite a few of Rich's better songs:
Go Ahead And Cry (from Pictures and Paintings),  Have A Heart (from Boss
Man), That's The Day You Said You Stopped Loving Me (from Set me Free),
plus Pass On By and great Smash cuts like Down And Out, A Field Of Yellow
Daisies, Everything I Do is Wrong and Party Girl. The best M.A. Rich song,
though, was Life Has It's Little Ups And Downs, from the Fabulous Charlie
Rich. --david cantwell