> I liked opener Varnaline a **lot** better than on "Sweet
> Life"--the only album of theirs I have. Live they sounded like a strange
> amalgam of Galaxie 500 and early Bob Mould playing at Grant Lee Buffalo's
> house, which is not a bad place to be. I'm tempted to buy their first
> album.
>
> Steve Kirsch
>
> I've got Sweet Life, Man of Sin, and Varnaline - I wouldn't
> recommend the s/t album - a little TOO underproduced for
my tastes, but I would give a thumbs up to Man of Sin,
for "No Decision No Disciple", "Thorns and Such" and "lbs",
all of which should have been on that set list.  "NDND", in
particular, was a favorite of mine from the Seattle show  -
uptempo, acoustic guitar with MAJOR hooks.

Chris
np: Underground Lovers, _Dream it Down_.  Been addicted
to this one lately, particularly for the songs where Philippa
Nihill sings lead - "Holiday" and "Recognise".  Perfect
summer driving music, even on rainy days.