In a message dated 4/21/99 9:13:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Another gap in my knowledge: I was amazed to read, in the liner
 notes, that Duane & Gregg Allman, Bernie Leadon, and Don Felder
 all came out of the Gainesville music scene along with Petty & co.

coming to a bookstore near you in September.  well, if I get it done and
turned in by May 12th.  Florida turned out to be more interesting musically
than I thought particularly with all the connections between Petty (fellow
Mudcrutch then Heartbreaker high school buddies), the Allmans, Ronnie Van
Zant, the Eagles, Stephen Stills and on and on.  Sadly, the Gainesville music
scene is more ska today than anything else.

Deb
posting from work <g>