For you New England types...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bluegrass music discussion. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Kevin Lynch
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 1999 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Podunk Fest "email flyer"

Here's an email flyer for those of you recently requesting info re: the
Podunk Bg Festival in CT.  Radio people, promoters, & assorted Bluegrass
glitterati are welcomed as our guests...just contact me offline.
 Claimer: This is a total plug. I am one of the organizers of this
non-profit
"let's introduce Bluegrass to our potential regional audience" event. Noone
gets paid...with the exception of the artists, of course.

 Don't forget to plan...and DO SOMETHING...to promote Bluegrass music during
the upcoming "May is Worldwide Bluegrass Music Month" campaign!

-Kevin L.

------- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -------

4th Annual Podunk Bluegrass Music Festival
July 23rd & 24th, 1999

Martin Park
Burnisde Avenue, East Hartford, CT

  Some of the finest artists in the music industry will be stopping by on
July 23rd and 24th for the 4th Annual Podunk Bluegrass Festival. This
two-day
extravaganza draws bluegrass lovers from around the country and is one of
Greater Hartford's biggest summer musical events.

 Last year more than 5,000 people enjoyed the picking and singing prompting
festival organizers to schedule both days in spacious Martin Park between
Hillside and Burnside Avenues.  Back by popular demand, Bluegrass pioneer
Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mt. Boys will perform on Saturday night.  Six
additional major bluegrass artists will join Ralph's group throughout the
weekend including the duo of Peter Rowan  & Tony Rice,  Eddie and Martha
Adcock,  Kathy Kallick Band,  Nickel Creek,  Unlimited Tradition,  Skip
Gorman & His Waddie Pals, and  Thunder Mt. Bluegrass.

  The Friday night concert is free from 7:00 - 10:00PM.
The Saturday festivities begin at 11:00AM and ends at 11:00PM.  Saturday
admission will be $10.00 for adults and free for children ten and under.
Parking will be $2.00 per day with the main entrance off Hillside Avenue.

  A special offer for rough camping is available in Martin Park on Friday
and
Saturday night for the reasonable price of $35.00 per vehicle which includes
camping & festival admission for up to four adults.  Camping space is
limited
and reservations are requested.

  There will also be civic information booths, spontaneous jam sessions with
performers, children's entertainment, a live nature center exhibit, a Civil
War Encampment, and plenty of food.

  The Podunk Bluegrass Music Festival is easily accessable.  Just take exit
58 off I-84 in East Hartford,
only minutes from I-91,  and twenty minutes from Bradley International
Airport. Hotels are available just 1/2 mile from festival site.

For more info / camping reservations call:

East Hartford Special Events Hotline (860)291-7350

                             ...or email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]