I love "Paul's Boutique" - in fact I might call it one of the more important
albums of the last quarter century, but artist of the decade? No way! Since
Paul's Boutique, it's really only been select moments of brilliance in my
opinion. In fact, I couldn't find a damn thing to like about the latest
album, and only a few things on the last few. Paul's Boutique was the last
thing they did where I can still put it on and listen from track 1 till the
end, and there aren't many of those records that can do that. "Mighty Joe
Moon" does that for me. So does every Pavement record and both Sparklehorse
albums do it too (even though "vivadixie" is better). I could go on and on
and on........