Jeff Weiss wrote:

> At 11:43 AM 4/22/99 EDT, you wrote:
> >
> >Saw that Radney is playing in NYC next week.  Several questions come
> >to mind:
> >
> >-is this in support of a new album?
> >-is this an industry gig to get re-signed?
>
> yes and he's on Arista and the record is coming out 5/18.
>
> >-any idea who his band is?
>
> nope
>
> but his brief performance at Stubbs, cust short by the worst f'n rain I
> have ever been caught in, was the highlight of my SXSW '99 experience.

He really was good, wasn't he? He'd have had to have been to get me to stand out
there with y'all in that stuff. <g> Not that I'm surprised, but the new record
is, um, different from anything much he's done solo or with Bill Lloyd.
I found a promo copy of it at Amoeba in SF last fall, and I'm relieved that it's
not gonna be a collectors item. Honest.

b.s.