Unless you can dig up some old Starday compilations from the 60s, which
regularly featured old Buck recordings from his pre-Capitol days on small
labels such as X and Pep, you're going to have to get your early Buck from
(*gasp!*) b-o-o-t-l-e-g sources.

DISCLAIMER: This in no way *encourages* the patronization of the bootleg
industry, but is provided for information and entertainment purposes only.
<g>

On vinyl there was a late 70's release called "Hot Dog!" from the "Apex
Record Corporation" of Hollywood; features a bright yellow cover & the same
photo from the front of the Capitol Lp "Sings Tommy Collins," and the Pep
logo.

At Tower in NYC several years ago I found a Nice Price'd CD called "You're
For Me" which is most certainly a bootleg.  With a cheap, homemade looking
single-sided insert, it features 12 tracks from his indie days, the company
is "Creative Sounds, Ltd" from Aluquerque.  As recently as three or four
years ago Time/Life put out a Buck "Best Of," as part of their classic
country series, which included as a final bonus track the original Corky
Jones cut of "Hot Dog!," which they licenced from the old man hisself.

Buddy
Rhythm & Booze Rockets
                     Buddy Woodward  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       THE GHOST ROCKETS - "Maximum Rhythm & Bluegrass"
                 http://www.hudsonet.com/~undertow/ghostrockets