I guess it's about time for the monthly reminder that the V-Roys are still
the best live band in America.  I saw the open (?!?!) up for Bare Jr. last
night in Chapel Hill and they put on one of the best shows of theirs I have
seen.  They opened the set with the new-ish "Motion Pictures" and went
straight into "Cry."  Very good.  A highlight was a new song called "God
Damn the Sun."  "Sorry Sue" gets better and better everytime I see it.
And, the biggest highlight for me was "Virginia Way->Wind Down."  They are
getting tighter and tighter and, as always, seem to be having a great time.
They said afterwards that they are really looking forward to the week of
dates opening for Cheap Trick...like a childhood dream come true.

Bare Jr. on the other hand made me feel old...even though I am not fairly
young compared to the demographics of this list.  They were pretty good,
but they were SOOO  LOUD and repetitive.  I am still having a hard time
really getting into the album cause so much of it sounds the same.  I had
the same problem with their live show.

Chad

Chad Cosper
Dept. of English