Last night's show was a hoot.  The Souvenirs dropped by to give a sneak
preview of a coupla songs from their upcoming debut album -- it ain't
comin' out until the Fall, but it's gonna be a good 'un.  After the show,
we headed to the Showbox for BR5-49, who blew poor Cesar Rosas off the
stage.  The sun is shining, Faron Young's on the radio, and the Souvenirs
are at the Tractor tonight.  Life is good.

Dwight Yoakam - Same Fool
Bob Woodruff - Hard Liquor, Cold Women & Warm Beer

Mandy Barnett - Falling, Falling, Falling
Carl Smith - Before I Met You
Hank Snow - (Now and Then, There's) A Fool Such As I
Lefty Frizzell - Time Changes Things
Paul Burch - Monterey

Alejandro Escovedo - I Was Drunk
The Pinetops - So Lonesome I Could Fly
Kelly Willis - Talk Like That
Robbie Fulks - God Isn't Real (request)

BR5-49 - Out Of Habit (last night at the Showbox)
Carl Sonny Leyland - The Honky Tonk Wine
Jerry Lee Lewis - Singing The Blues
Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin'
Slim Willet - Offshore Drilling Rig

Souvenirs - Tired Of Missing You (tonight at the Tractor)
Allison Moorer - Easier To Forget
George Jones - A Good Year For The Roses (request)
Mel Tillis - Life Turned Her That Way

Scottie Sparks - Old Railroad Track
Dale Ann Bradley - Rain On The Roof
Blue Highway - Good Time Blues
Johnson Mountain Boys - A Sweeter Love Than Yours I'll Never Know
Jimmy Martin - Don't Give Your Heart To A Rambler

The Gourds - Fine Leather Truck
Little Sue - Warning Trains
Old 97s - Alone So Far

Souvenirs - Hideaway
Souvenirs - Excuse Me (I Think I've Got A Heartache) (live)
Souvenirs - Anna Marie

Don Walser - Green Snakes On The Ceiling
Cynthia Gayneau - Last, Last Time
Deke Dickerson - Mexicali Rose (5/9 at the King Cat w/ Mike Ness)
Merle Travis - Blue Smoke
Slim Whitman - Love Song Of The Waterfall

The Backsliders - The Lonely One
Hank Williams Jr. - Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
Gerald Collier - Understatement Of The Year
Dallas Frazier - Son Of Hickory Holler's Tramp
Charley Pride - Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone

Big Sandy & his Fly-Rite Boys - What A Dream It's Been
Spade Cooley - South
Port Arthur Jubileers - Teeny Weeny
W. Lee O'Daniel & his Hillbilly Boys - Lonesome Road Blues

Neko Case - Rated X (request)
Picketts - Same Town, Same Planet (Different World) (5/7 at the Tractor)
Mike Ireland & Holler - Some Things You Lose (request)
Cisco - The Bum You Say I Am
Merle Haggard - White Line Fever (request)

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Mis'ry River
Dirk Powell/Tim O'Brien/John Herrmann - Cluck Old Hen
Buell Kazee - The Wagoner's Lad

Swingin' Doors can be heard Thursdays from 6-9pm on KCMU 90.3FM in
Seattle.  Email me if you have any questions about the music played.--don