Saw the Quartet play live  (and for free) at the 12th Street Settlement
Music school (for city kids) here in the East Village  in '82 or so, when
my sister was a  full-time fundraiser there...Will never forget what they
LOOKED like marching in,  then sounded like, playing that wonderous modern
mix of Jazz and R&B..like that split out of Kansas City never happened!   I
think they were living here at that time.

Barry M