Jim Caliguiri asked:

> I'm pretty sure that it's been mentioned here, but what's the general
> opinion on the new Fountains of Wayne CD? I though there were a couple of
> pretty good tunes in the Cheap Trick/Cars pop/rock vein.

My opinion of UTOPIA PARKWAY is that it's not as immediately accessible and
catchy as their fab first record, but it sounds better with each repeat
listening. It's more "produced' than the first record, and there's a lot of
70's pop references here that are done right rather than sketchily. <g> The
lyrics reward close repeated listens and are as clever and funny as you'll
find. I'm very jazzed on the record, and it's right there with the best new
pop this year.

b.s.

n.p. Tennessee Ernie Ford SIXTEEN TONS