Howdy,

And welcome to another exciting playlist...

Sure reading a playlist isn't everybody's idea of fun, but some folks
seem to enjoy it. Some scan the list in a hurry looking for their
band's latest release, others look for ideas when putting together
their own shows, and some (I suppose) just read and hum along
recreating the magic of the actual event in their head...kind of like
my old Strat-o-Matic baseball game.

At any rate, as usual, I offer up this sacrificial playlist to keep
everyone up to date on what I'm up to when I'm volunteering my services
in the nearly mythical WDVX camper.

By far, this week featured the most off the wall request I've ever
received. The song itself wasn't out of the ordinary-- "Doin' My Time"
by Flatt and Scruggs -- but, the location of the caller was. This
particular request was called in at the end of show by one of the air
traffic controllers at Knoxville's airport. Seems the folks helping the
big planes take off and land at McGhee Tyson enjoy pumping the sounds
of Tennessee Saturday Night into the control tower. So, if you're ever
landing in Knoxville and wonder why your plane seems to be coming in
unusually fast...consider the soundtrack the control tower is using to
set the mood.

That being said, here's what made the radar screen this week. Contact
information, as usual, follows.

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #30 -- 6 PM to 9 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- April 24, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley w/The Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Ed Scales in the Sunset -- Eddie and Martha Adcock -- Talk to Your
Heart -- CMH
South -- Spade Cooley & the Western Swing Dance Gang -- Shame on You --
Bloodshot Revival/Soundies

Shine, Shave, Shower -- Lefty Frizell -- Look What Thoughts Will Do --
Columbia
Little Lisa -- Wayne Hancock -- That's What Daddy Wants -- Ark21
Take It Away Leon -- Leon McAuliffe & His Western Swing Band --
Hillbilly Boogie -- Columbia
That's What Daddy Wants -- Wayne Hancock -- That's What Daddy Wants --
Ark21

Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass -- Buck Owens -- The Very Best of Buck
Owens, Vol. 1 -- Rhino
Root Beer -- George Jones -- She Thinks I Still Care -- Razor & Tie
Detroit City -- Bobby Bare -- The Essential Bobby Bare -- RCA

Sheik of Araby -- Cluster Pluckers -- Just Pluck It -- (Independent)
Any Old Time -- Jimmie Rodgers -- The Singing Brakeman -- Bear Family
When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again -- Wiley Walker & Gene Sullivan
-- Columbia Country Classics -- Columbia

George Jones (Has Never Sung About My Girl) -- Slim Chance & the
Convicts -- Bubbapalooza, Vol. 1 -- Sky
Drink My Wife Away -- David Allan Coe -- Recommended for Airplay --
Lucky Dog
Read 'Em and Weep -- Junior Brown -- Long Walk Back -- Curb
Just Like Two Drops of Water -- Cornell Hurd Band -- Texas Fruit Shack
-- Behemoth

Sal's Got a Sugar Lip -- Johnny Horton -- America Remembers Johnny
Horton -- TeeVee
Norman in the Woodland -- Jason Carter -- On the Move -- Rounder
Columbus Stockade Blues -- Doc & Richard Watson -- Third Generation
Blues -- Sugar Hill

Cowboy Man -- Lyle Lovett -- Lyle Lovett -- Curb/MCA
Gonna Marry Me a Cowboy -- Rex Allen -- The Last of the Great Singing
Cowboys -- Bloodshot Revival/Soundies
I Want to Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart -- Patsy Montana & the Prairie
Ramblers -- Columbia Country Classics -- Columbia

Be With Me -- James McMurtry -- It Had to Happen -- Sugar Hill
Family Tree -- Darrell Scott -- Family Tree -- Sugar Hill
Paradise -- John Prine -- John Prine -- Atlantic
The Way We Make a Broken Heart -- John Hiatt w/Rosanne Cash -- The Best
of John Hiatt -- Capitol

Almost Persuaded -- David Houston -- Super Hits of the 60s -- Epic
Highway 40 Blues -- Ricky Skaggs -- Country Gentleman -- Epic
Waymore's Blues -- Waylon Jennings -- The Essential Waylon Jennings --
RCA

The Real Mr. Heartache -- Johnny Paycheck -- The Real Mr. Heartache --
CMF
Don't Worry -- Marty Robbins -- A Lifetime of Song -- Columbia
Heartaches by the Number -- Ray Price -- The Essential Ray Price --
Columbia
The Jet Set -- George Jones & Tammy Wynette -- Super Hits -- Epic

My Wedding Ring -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- CMF
T and J Waltz -- Hot Club of Cowtown -- Swingin' Stampede -- Hightone
Little Sadie -- The Sadies -- Precious Moments -- Bloodshot

Midnight Ramble -- Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant -- Stratosphere Boogie --
Razor & Tie
Across the Alley from the Alamo -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts w/Robbie
Fulks -- Salutes the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot
Georgia Boogie -- Curley Williams & His Georgia Peach Pickers --
Hillbilly Boogie -- Columbia
Honey Song -- Spade Cooley & the Western Swing Dance Gang -- Shame on
You -- Bloodshot Revival/Soundies

Mr. Lonesome -- Heather Myles -- Highways and Honky Tonks -- Rounder
Bears -- Lyle Lovett -- Step Inside This House -- Curb/MCA
Whiskey in the Jar -- Hazeldine -- Orphans -- All Swoll

Memories of You -- Bill Monroe & Doc Watson -- Live Duet Recordings --
Smithsonian Folkways
She's No Angel -- Bluegrass Reunion -- Bluegrass Reunion -- Acoustic
Disc
Girl in the Blue Velvet Band -- Jerry Douglas & Peter Rowan -- Yonder
-- Sugar Hill

North to Alaska -- Johnny Horton -- Super Hits of the 60s -- Epic
Big Bad John -- Jimmy Dean -- Super Hits of the 60s -- Epic
Ballad of Jed Clampett -- Flatt & Scruggs -- Super Hits of the 60s --
Epic
Ring of Fire -- Johnny Cash -- Super Hits of the 60s -- Epic

Sally Goodin -- Bob Wills -- Sally Goodin: The Tiffany Transcriptions,
Vol. 6 -- Edsel
14 Karat Mind -- The Okra All-Stars -- The Okra All-Stars -- Innerstate
Here You Come Again -- Dolly Parton -- The Essential Dolly Parton, Vol.
2 -- RCA

Doin' My Time -- Flatt & Scruggs -- 1948-1959 -- Bear Family
Hanging 'Round the Airport -- Farmer Tan -- Farmer Tan -- Foothill

...thank you for flying Tennessee Saturday Night. Please return your
tray tables to their locked and upright positions.

If you'd like to contact me for any of a variety of reasons (sending me
unused air sickness bags, tiny bags of peanuts, or even music for
airplay on TSN), I may be reached at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

I may be reached via e-mail at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for reading this far. Please remain seated until we arrive at
the terminal.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NP: The Greg Allman Band, I'm No Angel
===
WDVX-FM -- www.wdvx.com
Tennessee Saturday Night -- Saturdays, 6 to 9 PM
The Fringe -- Saturdays, 9 to Midnight