I'm in "Day Late and Dollar Short" mode, I'm afraid. Steve Kirsch said:

>Yup, and I'd suggest further that from the second album (MP2) onwards
>they never really released a clunker until that horrible No Joke record.
>They were a hell of a band. I'm skeptical about the new lineup without
>Cris and Derrick, but we'll see.....

You have reason to be skeptical, judging from the new lineup's performance
at Liberty Lunch during SXSW. They were disappointing at best, mediocre at
worst, and not very much like the Meat Puppets, really. It was an
unfortunate way for us to close out what had been a pretty solid, if not
breathtaking, string of shows at SXSW, and an unfortunate reminder that the
Meat Pups now belong to the past.

--Amy