WARNING: SOME TWANG CONTENT!!!!
You must be pretty darn musically hip to be on this list, or a friend of a
friend of a geek somewhere who put you on the list. If you do not wish to
receive further notices, please just let me know. If you want to add another
friend to the list, let me know ... thanks!

Saturday night
May 1st
at the P&H Cafe
1532 Madison
THE BREWERS!
with dear friends Rick, Joe, and Nancy Apple
are playing honky tonk and maybe rockabilly
this is a fund raiser for Memphis's best mom
BRENDA BREWER
who is being forced by Roy, after 14 years of marital bliss,
to go on her first trip to Europe for her own gratification
there's no cover charge!
- - but - -
$ donations will be accepted throughout the evening

Actually I'm not a writer, but I play one on TV.

These are the Blatant Plugs from East Frayser, otherwise known as Raliegh in
the burbs of Memphis, Tennessee. No extra charge for type-ohs!

One of the indie bands, Big Bad Johns, just booked a gig in Memphis
on April 30th at The Map Room. They are playing with Megan Rielly and
Jetty Webb. It's so last minute I really don't think we can get any press
and thought maybe you could help spread the word.

HEY HERE IS SOMETHING COOL.... the movie I was in with Bridget Fonda and
Harvey Keitel is being released to video ON CINEMAX during the month of May.
Look for "Finding Graceland" and see all the Memphis Musicians backing up the
team in the big show stopping finale!!!!!! HEEEE HAWWWWWWW I love living in
Hillbilly Hollywood! (at least right now it ain't too bad, ask me next week
after the South End gig)

Native Son will have a CD release party at Newby's on Thursday Night, April
29th 9:00 PM. Tell Wayne howdy..........

AND THAT SAME NIGHT APRIL 29 at the Black Diamond on Beale is the next Keith
Sykes Songwriter Showcase featuring the GREAAAAT Earl Randal, along with
Wayne Carson (Roger Cook is ill and had to cancell) and Gerry Finney. Hey,
EARL IS THE MAN!!!!! (Gonna tear that play house down daddy!) Showtime around
8 PM $10

The Scott Sudbury Band and Rubber Soul will be appearing at the Stage Stop
May 1st.  (AND NO, THEY WILL NOT BE WEARING SPANDEX) This will be the first
time these two Great bands have played together.  A GREAT time will be had by
all.

The Cadillac Cowgirl with her Marion Kind (hey, that is the band name of the
day, subject to change at the drop of a hat) will play in Clarksdale,
Mississippi on May 14th at Court Square

May 21 see the The Cadillac Cowgirl with her Marry'n Kind at Kudzu's in
Memphis (notice anything different, which ya like best?)

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts.  So in old
 England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them to
 mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. It's where we Get the
 phrase "mind your P's and Q's.

at Huey's Downtown (of course the crowds are always better in midtown)
Talkin' about DIANE PRICE and her Boyfriends
May 9th, Huey's Downtown 4-7pm;
May 23rd-Huey's Midtown 4-7pm;
May 30th-Huey's Downtown 4-7pm
Though Huey's 19-year Sunday jazz policy has gone the way of the
Esso service station, you can still hear a couple of players from the old
Midtown Jazz Mobile with  Di Anne Price and her Boyfriends Stop by Di Anne's
website at: www.DiannePrice.com

READ THIS, PRINT THIS OUT
THIS THANG IS GETTING JAM PACKED WITH MORE AND MORE BLATANT PLUGS
AND NOT JUST MEMPHIS ANYMORE.... so look close!!!....

Heavy Blues Chevy is to perform in Union City, TN, Fri , April 30th, and
Sat., May 1st, (both 9:pm) at a club called "Shenanigan's". It's the only
club there, so it shouldn't be hard to find. They will do thier usual
Allmans/ Hendrix/ Trower retro selections along with some of the original
material from their new disc ya'll need to go out and buy.... Also, plans are
in the works for a Memphis CD release party soon.

Bruce Flett and the BLUEBIRDS will be hitting Memphis 4/30 - 5/1 and playing
at The Blues City Cafe. These guys are so much fun and really sound great.
Bruce's brother, Buddy Flett, plays killer guitar and they always make the
bar crowds crazy. (Buddy wrote two songs that made it on to Johnny Adams'
last CD)

Paul Wood Trio
Mr. Handy's Blues Hall on Beale Street April 30

COMING MAY 5 is the next Nancy Apple Songwriter Night at the SOUTH END. Well,
maybe. I am still depressed from the lousy turnout at the last one. SO WHAT
IS THE DEAL? Do you want to hear Memphis music or not?
I tell ya, if they don't plug this gig in their ads in the weeklys, this very
well may be cancelled......... (sad look here, e-mails coming my way pleading
to continue this lost cause)

BUT HEY, YOU CAN STILL GET A DOUBLE DOSE of Nancy Apple and Roy Brewer THAT
SAME DAY, WED. MAY 5 at the BROOKS MUSEUM TERRACE from 5:30-7:30. COme on out
and have a cocktail in the park with us....

Hey, I reserve the right to put my stuff all in BOLD CAPS, ok?? (heeee heeee)

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb
and I also know that I'm not blonde."  [Dolly Parton]

HERE ARE SOME DATES FOR THE PAWTUCKETS
april 28th  sadlacks       raleigh, nc.
april 29th  local 506      chappel hill, nc.
april 30th  velvet elvis   savanah, ga.
may   1st   the nick       birmingham, nc.
soory ferr tha lack of spell check

COMING UP MAY 7, 8, & 9
Beale Street Music Festival
I think the line up is on their site www.memphisinmay.org
It is pretty cool
Reba Russell Band
KoKo Taylor
Wilson Picket
Dr. John
Clarece Carter
Booker T
Sheryl Crow
Bobby Blue Bland
Marcia Ball
James Cotton
Billy Lee Riley (about the only real rockabilly there that I have seen so far)
The Bar-Kays
Los Lobos
R.L. Burnside
FreeWorld

"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." [Gilda Radner]

HANG IT ON YOUR FRIDGE.... THERE IS NEW STUFF IN HERE. WE KNOW WHEN YOU
DELETE, BECAUSE YOU DON'T SHOW UP AT THE GIGS!!!!!

HEY, HERE is what is going on at Barrister's
147 JEFFERSON (in the alley) 527-8662 for info
APRIL
Wed Apr 28-Camber, Kayla, Morilla-8pm--$5.00
Thur Apr 29-CadillacVoodoo Choir w/special guest Greg Hisky-8pm--$5.00
MAY
Sat May 8-Buried Alive, In Truth, Clenched Fist, Dissaray, Hardknox-7pm--$5.00
Fri May 14-Joygirl(feat. Melanie from Carcrash) w/ special guest-8pm--$5.00
Sun May 16-Econoline Crush w/ special guest-8pm--$2.92
Tue May 25-Teen Idols, The Lillingtons-8pm--$5.00
Wed May 26-John Wesley Harding w/ Megan Reilly, and, Lucero-8pm--$7.00
Thur May 27-Pro-Pain w/ Pissing Razors & special guest-8pm--$7.00
Sun May 30-Bickley w/ special guest-8pm--$5.00
JUNE
Sat June 5-Avail w/ Boy Sets Fire & By All Means-8pm--$7.00
Thur June 10-Boiler w/ special guest-8pm--$5.00
Mon June 21-Grip Inc. w/ Candiria and special guest-8pm-$10.00 ADV/$12.00
 DOOR

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

Memphis boy BOB CHEEVERS will be doing the Keith Sykes Songwriter Showcase on
 May 27th. He has a new record and I have heard some of it on WEVL and it is
really good. Tell Bob Nancy sent'cha, oh and that I said he would buy ya a
drink..... (BIG GRIN HERE)

"This is a public service announcement - with guitar!'' Joe Strummer

DON'T FORGET!!!!
Saturday MAY 1st THE BREWERS at the P&H Cafe! PLUES SPECIAL MUSICAL GUESTS.
Help send Brenda to Europe with a lot of dough in her pocket!!!!!

"I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on."
[Roseanne Barr]

Mr Lucky bands sez......
Nancy,  I 've been entertained by your Blatant Plugs,  maybe you've missed
your calling as a humorist (Uh oh, has he heard me sing?)

Rick Moore and Mr Lucky will be at Blues City Cafe May 28 and 29,  and at
Hueys Midtown May 30.  More info is available at the following url.
http://www.mrluckyband.com/
Come on out if you can...

Jeff Foxworthy:  The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a
desirable job.  But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it.
At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house.

GUESS WHAT YA'LL!!!!!!
The band got invited by the Twang Gang to play at TwangFest 3 in St. Louis!!!!
Coming up JUNE 10, 11, & 12 at Off Broadway in St. Louis!!!!! Yea Hawwww
Here is the Thursday Night Line Up When We Play on JUNE 10
12am: V-Roys (Knoxville, TN - headliner)
11pm: Jim Roll (Ann Arbor, MI)
10pm: Deliberate Strangers (Pittsburgh, PA)
9pm: Cadillac Cowgirl (aka Nancy Apple) (Memphis, TN)
8pm: Elena Skye and the Demolition String Band (Hoboken, NJ)
(I made my friend's bands bold to blatantly give them a boost!!!!!)
FRIDAY JUNE 11
The Damnations TX (Austin, TX - headliner)
Jim Stringer and the Austin Music Band (Austin, TX)
Hayseed (Nashville, TN)
Gypsy Mechanics (Nashua, NH)
Old Rip (Chicago, IL)
SATURDAY JUNE 12
Dale Watson and His Lone Stars (Austin, TX - headliner)
Ex-Husbands (Nashville, TN) (I don't know them, but love them and would be
proud to claim em as an ex-husband any day!!!!)
Buck Diaz (Philadelphia, PA)
Heartbreak Hill (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Polish Hillbillies (Pittsburgh, PA)

We think you'll agree with us that this is one achingly cool lineup.  For all
the latest developments, be sure to check out the Twangfest web site.

The Mary Janes will be at the Daily Planet on Friday June 18

NEW SECTION: Blatant plugs for bands projects, throw downs that Nancy plays
in and sometimes makes a buck even!!!
Do you need a band for you next shindig? E-mail me for the
Cadillac Cowgirl and Her Marryin' Kind
or Nancy Apple and Roy Brewer plugged in unplugged or plugged
or Nancy Apple and Roy and Jay Harrington unplugged (or plugged)
or Nancy Apple and Kim Richardson unplugged (oh, forget the plugged crap)
Nancy Apple by herself
Nancy Apple and Jay
or Dr. Rockabilly
or the Roy Brewer Swang Thang (with Nancy on drums once every 10 years)
NEW The Roy and Brenda Brewer Band with Nancy on drums and Joe on upright bass
HELL, Need a band....... Flash money, we will show up and play whatever you
want. We even know Alice Cooper!!!!! Flash food and drink and we still may
show up. Flash sea shells and maybe if there is a beach condo as part of the
deal.

LETTERS:
New section!!!
Thanks to the friend of a friend of a geek who put me on this list.  I
enjoyed receiving it and seeing what is going on around Memphis and
other parts of Tennessee.  I am about 750 miles away, but you never know
one day I may meander down your way.  Sounds like a lot of good music
going on.  I collect pictures of  people in the music industry that I am
aquainted with or have been in touch with and would certainly like to
have one of you and your band to hang with the rest of my rouges
gallery.  Have a good day.   Paul Duncan (The Mean Cowboy)

Roseanne:  Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as
the only time of the month that I can be myself.

COOL BANDS ON THE ROAD:
The DeRailers
4/24 Houston/Intl Fest
4/28 Nashville/Robert's
4/30 W. Hampton Beach/W. Hampton Beach PAC
5/2 Boston/TT The Bears
5/4 Columbus/Little Brothers
5/5 Cleveland/Wilbert's
5/6 Lexington/Lynagh's
5/7 Chicago/Schuba's
5/8 Neenah, WI/Automatic Slims
5/9 Lincoln/TBA
5/15 Austin/Broken Spoke
5/21 Dallas-Fort Worth/Billy Bob's
5/29 Houston/TBA

"If you want the traditional home-cooked pop-rock meal, The V-Roys satisfy."
                                                        THE ROCKET
5/1     River Stages                    Nashville, TN
5/4     House of Blues                  New Orleans, LA w/ Cheap Trick
5/5     Ivory Tuck                      Tuscaloosa, AL
5/6     Rodeo's                         Jackson, MS  w/ Cheap Trick
5/7     5 Points Music Hall             Birmingham, AL  w/ Cheap Trick
5/8     Newby's                         Memphis, TN

Ex-Husbands:
5/1/99 - Lynaugh's, Lexington, KY
5/2/99 - The Empty Glass, Charleston, WV
5/3/99 - The Mohawk Place, Buffalo, NY
5/5/99 - The Southgate House, Newport, KY
5/7/99 - Mac's Bar, East Lansing, MI
5/8/99 - Schuba's Tavern, Chicago, IL
5/9/99 - Gabe's Oasis, Iowa City, IA
5/11/99 - Lee's Liquor Lounge, MInneapolis, MN
5/12/99 - Saddle Creek, Omaha, NE
5/13/99 - Knickerbocker's, Lincoln, NE (w/Junior Brown)
5/14/99 - Finnegan's, Kansas City, MO
6/12/99 - Twangfest

Go see the P2 poster boy when he's in your town. Please. The band needs the
money. Jim Roll Band Tour Dates:
5/26 -- Schuba's Chicago (w/Silos, Tim Easton) -- *tentative*
6/1-4 -- w/Ray Wiley Hubbard -- Austin, TX -- *tentative*
6/5  -- Kerrville, TX
6/10 -- Twangfest, St. Louis
Any requests for interviews, radio appearances or in stores contact:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Woodstock ’99 promoters announced a 31-act lineup geared to teens and
20-year-olds that, so far at least, doesn’t include one performer from the
namesake festival in 1969. The Dave Matthews Band, Jewel, Metallica and
Alanis Morissette are this year’s headliners for the three-day show,
scheduled for July 23-25. It will
be held at Griffiss Park, an abandoned Air Force base in Rome, N.Y., about 50
miles west of Albany. Organizers expect a crowd of about 250,000 people for
the show, which also features Fatboy Slim, Sugar Ray, Creed, Counting Crows,
Rusted Root, the Offspring, the Brian Setzer Orchestra, George Clinton and
Willie Nelson. Six acts that played the 25-year anniversary concert, which
drew an estimated 350,000 people to Saugerties, N.Y., are coming back:
Metallica, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Live and Collective
Soul.

..if you know a band who needs some exposure and have a disc they're trying
to promote, send 'em to my store!  I'll be more than happy to help out.
Fliers, too...for the showcases and such, we'll be glad to help promote.
CD Warehouse
4713 Poplar Ave.
just ask for Jack Alberson regarding local acts...

The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But
if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the
night, drop them off at the wrong house.
                           -Jeff Foxworthy

REGULARS —

Joe Sanders is at the Front Street Deli during Happy Hours on Fridays.

The Riverbluff Clan is at the Poplar Lounge on Friday nights, then at the
Hi-Tone on Sunday nights

Also - FreeWorld  still plays every Sunday night at Blues City Cafe on Beale
Street
from 10:30 PM 'til 3:00 AM...We've been there for over 8 years, and it's
still our job to close down Beale Street every weekend (and it's also still
a MASSIVE weekly party - We are presently spotlighting tunes from our
upcoming release "Diversity" (CD release party presently set for Saturday,
July 10th.) Plus cool, talented local and touring artists sit in almost
every week!!) FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

THE DAILY PLANET IS STILL DOING AN OPEN MIKE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS

THE STAGE STOP (God help us from spandex) is still doing an open acoustic
thang on Sunday nights with cheap steaks, and a Band Jam on Tuesday nights.
Actually, last time I went to the Stage Stop I did not see any spandex, that
was an eighties thing, so get off yer asses and JAM DUDES! The times, they be
a changing!

Every other Thursday at Kudzu you can find Philip Jaynes, who also hosts an
open mike every Tuesday night at the Cockeyed Camel

Ok, that's all I know for now. Hope to see you at a gig soon. If you are a
band that wants to be mentioned in future notices, e-mail me baby!

Love,  Nancy

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE FOR THE MEMPHIS MUSICIANS TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING,
PLEASE PAY THE COVER WITHOUT TOO MUCH BITCHING!
Thanks
(and guest list weezles, we don't mind letting you in for free, but please
refrain from talking throughout the entire show!)

"Behind every successful man is a surprised woman." [Maryon Pearson]