Neal's right, there was a little talk about Country Weekly a little while
ago.  I'd say Jon has it about right in terms of the oldtimers and alt.  The
April 20 issue has gossip notes on everyone from Faith Hill, Brooks & Dunn
and Lila McCann to Ricky Skaggs, Kitty Wells and George Jones.  There are
stories on Mark Wills' new bus and LeAnn Rimes' new house (nice picture of
LeAnn with , but there's also a feature about Waylon Jennings and his first
#1 ("This Time"), a quote from Steve Earle ("I believe in being steeped in
tradition.  I believe you have to learn all the rules - then you can start
breaking them."), a feature on Dwight Yoakam - there's a great Nashville
quote in there I'm gonna post one of these days - a fun-filled page of facts
on Mary Chapin Carpenter, and news of a new Moe & Joe album.  You could do a
lot worse, though when Jon calls the writing "workmanlike," he's cutting
them a bit of slack <g>.

The LeAnn Rimes story, BTW, has a tidbit I haven't heard mentioned before:
"I just recorded a country classics album.  We did 17 songs, including hits
from Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr. and Kris Kristofferson....I feel honored
to be able to record songs by the people who made country music great....I'm
anxious to bring the legendary country songs we recorded to a young
audience, because there are kids who haven't heard them.  And I hope the
more contemporary songs capture an older audience as well."  She co-produces
on the album.  Theres a nice pic of LeAnn and one of those red, white and
blue guitars of Buck Owens, presented to her by Buck, with an inscription on
its brass pickguard (dated 9/16/98, BTW).