Hello Brian,

>> Following various instructions I copied the /etc/posfix dirs, added a

>> new Spool-Path with dirs, edited the new main.cf acooring to the new
>> domain the instance is responsible for, added the
>> alternate_config_directories entry.
>>

> Is adding a domain the only reason for a second instance? Couldn't use
a virtual mailbox or virtual alias domain?

Well - The problem is that I have several "official" domains and for the
sake of order when sending mail - the IP-Address used for sending should
match the MX-record.

When I'm not mittaken, the only way for having a certain IP address used
while sending from a certain mail-domain is to use multiple instances of
postfix.

>> When starting the second instance "postfix -c /etc/posfix2 start"
>> maillog logs:
>>
>> Oct 14 15:30:45 OpenBSD42 postfix/master[11315]: fatal: open lock
file
>> /var/lib/postfix/master.lock: unable to set exclusive lock: Resource
>> temporarily unavailable
>>

> Postfix 2.5 added the data_directory parameter.
> (http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#data_directory)
> This refers to the /var/lib/postfix in many installs.

I stumbled across "data_directory" but it was not realy clear if an can
just modify that paramter for the 2nd .. or 3rd instance pointing to a
different data directory ...

> Brian

Kind regards,

Stefan