On Wednesday 28 January 2009 13:10:52 Wietse Venema wrote:
> Mark Watts:
> > I have a requirement to split a postfix relay installation across two
> > servers.
> >
> > One server will be responsible for receiving incoming SMTP email, and
> > queueuing it on disk.
> >
> > A 3rd party piece of software will be responsible for moving the queued
> > mail to the second server. (Additional processing on the mail will happen
> > here).
>
> Postfix has two "queue export" mechanisms: smtp(8) and pipe(8).
> Direct queue file access by non-Postfix software is unsupported.

Assuming no modification of the queue files is necessary, is duplication
of /var/spool/postfix/queue/ to another machine possible?
The remote machine will never recieve email (due to the closed environment).

I understand that the use of "postsuper" may deal with the naming/inode
issue - is this correct?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS