On Fri, 22 May 2009 14:37:48 -0400
Victor Duchovni <victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Connection rate (rather than concurrency) limits are rather risky,
> a site with legitimate mail to send, and a lot of senders, may not be
> able to deliver any mail to you in the face of a load-spike.

Or a site running qmail, sending to you with lots of recipients.

(Qmail seems to like to open a new socket for each recipient instead
of just doing multiple RCPT TO's....  Maybe that has been fixed, but
I doubt it... I think they call it a feature...  some of us would call
it a feature when Anvil blocks such silliness... the case I saw here
was someone sending 10M files to 100 recipients... 100*10M instead of
10M just once.)