I know that this has nothing directly to do with Postfix; however, I
figured the fastest way to get a serviceable answer would be here.

I maintain a few Yahoo groups. I just received a bulletin from Yahoo
regarding the updating of their 'Groups'.

<quote>

Also in this release is a fix for group moderators who were having issues
approving pending messages via email. Moderators affected by this issue were
using email clients that (in violation of internet standards) do not honor case
lowercase.  Since the codes that enable email moderation to work relied on the
reply address being the exact sequence of characters we were expecting, email
moderation commands did not work for these users.  But we have now updated our
code in a way that will enable email moderation to work for even these email
clients, which should allow moderators to approve pending messages and members
via email once again.

</quote>

I was, perhaps incorrectly, of the opinion that case was not relevant
in e-mail addresses. I thought that there was an RFC that mentioned
this; although I cannot find one that specifically mentions case
folding on the reply to address.

Is Yahoo's claim correct or are they simply trying to cover up for a
problem on their end?

Jerry
postfix.u...@yahoo.com

Believe everything you hear about the world; nothing is too
impossibly bad.

        Honore DeBalzac