On 12/27/2009 11:28 PM, Satish Kumar P wrote:
1. "unknown user" (this is really strange, if the user were unknown,
postfix/smtpd would have rejected the recipient at SMTP connection
itself)
2. "mail forwarding loop" for x...@domain.com (though we are pretty
sure that the mail came to this server once - i mean not looping b/w
the servers)

In all the cases we observed, postfix/local fails to find the entry in
alias tables. This server handles almost 70000 emails daily and works
perfectly except the bugging issue I mentioned above. Few details
regarding our environment are as follows:

Is the alias table generated dynamically? It is possible that it's not readable (still being written) at the time the lookup happens?

Terry