On Thursday 10 June 2010 19:51:51 Florin Andrei wrote:

> One of the tricks some people seem to use is creating a dedicated
> transport for the slow destination. I'm reading the tuning and qshape
> README documents, and there are a lot of good suggestions there, but I
> was wondering what are the solutions that are being used *now*
> specifically for dealing with Yahoo.

We don't treat Yahoo! any differently here, so essentially we delivered using
Postfix defaults.

We have a "fragile" queue for difficult providers but only Microsoft domains
are listed.

Whilst I've seen comment that Yahoo! throttle, I had some logs that suggest
Yahoo! also can be overloaded at times (hardly surprising given some of the
botnets out there).

As such afraid I tend to the view that if Yahoo! email is delayed it is
largely a Yahoo! problem. Although we've not had any complaints of such in
recent months (years?), and BT Internet use Yahoo so we ship them quite a
significant proportion of our outbound email. Most of the feedback we got was
when BT switched to using Yahoo, so I assume teething problems.