On 9/26/2010 3:33 PM, mouss wrote:
Le 26/09/2010 16:30, Shane Dittmar a écrit :
On 9/26/10, Magnus Bäck<mag...@dsek.lth.se> wrote:
On Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 12:58 CEST,
Shane Dittmar<chatter8...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I saw this message in the log: warning: do not list domain
example.com
in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

So I removed the domain from mydestination. Now, when I
attempt to
send mail (I'm doing it with Telnet because it's easier),
I get the
following: 550 5.1.1<sh...@example.com>: Recipient address
rejected:
User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Are you listing sh...@example.com in virtual_mailbox_maps,
i.e. does

postmap -q sh...@example.com `postconf -h
virtual_mailbox_maps`

return the mailbox path of the user in question?
The address (sh...@example.com) is defined as a virtual
alias. When I
change "_mailbox_" to "_alias_" in your code above, I get:
postmap:
fatal: open database $virtual_maps.db: No such file or
directory.

there is no virtual_alias_maps in your 'postconf -n'.

Likely Shane is using the deprecated "virtual_maps = ..." directive in main.cf, and relying on the backward-compatible default setting of virtual_alias_maps. There's no easy way to script a lookup for that since postconf doesn't recognize that setting, nor will it show up in postconf output.

Good reasons to not use deprecated settings.

  -- Noel Jones