Hello,

Assuming that I had enabled SASL mechanism. Can I use a mysql: something list
(probably a custom query probing the user table for "1" in a particular column)
to restrict the access to SMTP relay to a very few users?

eg.

smtpd_sender_login_maps = mysql:/server/etc/postfix/allowrelay.sql

with allowrelay.sql something like that?

hosts    = unix:/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

user     = someuser

password = somepassword

dbname   = mail_postfix

query    = SELECT `address` FROM `mailbox` WHERE `address` = '%s' AND `relay` =
'1';

Is this going to do the trick?